Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Shoe Repair


Kim's Shoe Repair
(909) 861-2557  
·         23473 Golden Springs Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
View Larger Map
I first stopped at Kim's Repair, and the owner told me that the hole on the side of my shoe could not be repaired.  He said that when he glues the leather together that it would not adhere to the soul of the shoe.  I think that he didn't want my business.  I think he presented me with options that would fail. He had other options.  He just didn't want my business. That's okay.

Diamond Bar Shoe & Repair
(909) 861-6909   
·         1227 South Diamond Bar Blvd., Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Mon--Fri:  9:00am - 6:30pm
Sat:  9:00am - 5:00pm
Sun:  Closed
The owner of this tiny shoe repair store looks to be a couple from Mexico.  They could be from Central America too.  I didn't ask.  But he offered to repair my shoes for $15 and told me that they would be ready in a few days.  A few days later, I stopped in to pick up my shoes.  They looked good.  They wore well.  I hope that they last.  So far they have.  It's April 30, 2014, and I have not had any problems with the shoes.  So this repair store gets my highest rating of 5 stars *****.

May 24, 2014 UPDATE:
Tonight as I returned from Huntington Beach, I found that my shoes were destroyed.  "How!" I asked myself.  "I didn't run in them, not in these shoes.  I didn't hike up rocky or uneven terrain of any kind.  In fact, I walked just a short way on the smooth bike path in Huntington Beach."  Turns out that the shoe came apart due to the stresses imposed on the other side of the shoe where a repairman had fixed the shoe back in late January.  Yeah, when the owner from the small shoe repair at Diamond Bar and Grand Avenue "fixed" my shoe, the repaired stitch caused weakness on the opposite side of the shoe and it came apart as you can see in the picture below. I should have checked the reviews on this guy.  They are not good.

James Shoe Repair
23475 Golden Springs Dr
Diamond BarCA 91765
(909) 861-2557
View Larger Map 

No comments:

Post a Comment